MY PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
Initially, I trained in biological science and after completing my PhD, I spent over 10 years working in the field of neurobiology and stress research. I re-trained to become an Integrative Therapist and have, since 2010, gained a plethora of client experience through working with GP surgeries, hospice environments and charities (including Cruse Bereavement Care, Mind and Cancer Care), alongside seeing clients in private practice.
I started with Stress Management training and this lead to Integrative Counselling training. I now incorporate hypnotherapy and EMDR therapy into my therapy portfolio having seen the benefits of these approaches both personally and professionally. My approach is informed by both my science and spiritual interests as I believe wellbeing involves working with many different elements of human experience.
PROFESSIONAL THERAPY CREDENTIALS
- I am an ACCREDITED & REGISTERED (037360) Counsellor with the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) and have undertaken training in Integrative Counselling (PGDIP, MSc Bristol University, UK) and Counselling skills (Cert, University of West England, UK).
- I trained with an accredited trainer in Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy (EMDR Academy, Chester, UK) and am a member of the EMDR Association UK and Ireland.
- I trained in Clinical Hypnotherapy & Coaching (Certificate in Coaching & Certificate & Diploma in Hypnotherapy, Manchester College of Hypnotherapy and Coaching, UK. The General Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice – GQHP awarded by GHSC) and am a Registered Member of the General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR Reg.) and General Hypnotherapy Standards Council.
- Bereavement Foundation, Bereavement Group work and Supervision Certificates (Cruse Bereavement Care).
- Rewind Trauma Approach (Dr D Muss, Birmingham)
- I continue to update my knowledge and skills through regular continued professional development courses, workshops and training.